We are looking for a qualified Sales Consultant to join our organization who can participate in bringing in new clients through marketing, speaking and building relationships within the non-profit sector. The consultant should be prepared to work in a small start-up business and be ready to participate in grassroots effort to outreach and bring in clients for the business. There is significant room for growth within our organization and the potential for partnership for the right person. We’re looking for a grassroot, but results-driven sales consultant to actively seek out and engage non-profit customer prospects. We’re very open to new ideas and creativity in this position.
The Sales Consultant will be responsible for generating new client leads and pursuing them until contracts are signed. Much of the sales work will be remote, though most of our marketing success has come from speaking and in-person events so there may be a training component to the sales. The consultant will be responsible for managing a small (very small) marketing budget in order to enhance their efforts to bring in clients.
- Selling Mockingbird Analytics e-commerce products and services using knowledge of non-profit sector language and needs
- Performing market research and prospecting of existing and potential customers
- Maintaining positive business relationships to ensure future sales
- Reach out to customer leads through all means available
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales, and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- At least one year working for a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of advertising platforms
- Ability to build productive ongoing professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven while working remotely
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills and sensitivity to non-profit causes and finances
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Minimum BS/BA degree or equivalent
Email resume and cover letter explaining why your knowledge is a good fit for our small consulting organization to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. The position is open until filled.