Nonprofit Research Intern
We are offering an unpaid Nonprofit Research Internship position with our company to a qualified individual who can participate in various client-based projects related to data analytics, reporting, and research. The intern should be prepared to work in a small startup business and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of data analytics, project management, and research, aimed at organizations in the non-profit sector. The intern will be expected to spend approximately 10 hours per week on tasks related to the internship. The intern will be assigned to different projects and will assist in the collection and analysis of data from our clients in order to provide useful information that could help our clients make decisions.
- Assist in the creation of databases and report writing
- Assist in data cleanup, importing of data into a new database
- Assist with basic analytics for clients
- Collect surveys at program locations throughout LA
- Assist with original and outcomes-based research for clients
- Research and help develop survey-based tools in a variety of different non-profit sectors
- Research on relevant topics for our company
- An undergraduate/graduate student in the Los Angeles area who is majoring in Public Health, Planning, Policy, Statistics, other Social Sciences or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Access databases, basic statistical reporting, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge ofnew communication and collaboration technology and tools (such as Google Drive)
- Information or graphic design experience is a bonus and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
- Reliable transportation is required in order to collect surveys from the different program locations on LA
This is an unpaid internship position, and the intern will not be entitled to any wages, benefits or other compensation. However, the company will reimburse reasonable travel expenses related to the internship via a set monthly stipend. The intern will receive experience and education in the skills and fields described above and will be provided close supervision and feedback.
Email resume and cover letter explaining why your knowledge is a good fit for our small consulting organization and what you would like to learn to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. The position is open until filled. Applications outside of the Greater Los Angeles Area will not be considered.